Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Take a bow

Today marks the second last Monday that I will be attending the Humber College public relations certificate program. I have learned about twitter, Youtube, social networking, PR2.o. I have championed clean trains, advocated for an alcohol free summer and the list goes on and on and on.

It is sad.

Since I was a little girl I have not relished the idea of change. I find it to be rather cumbersome and uncertain. This time around however I find myself looking forward to what comes next in my life. In some ways I have one of my most loved professors, Scott Langdon, to thank for this change in my heart.

http://www.ignitesolutions.ca/images/change.jpg

Change is something that people look on as very negative, and indeed it can be. The loss of a loved one, a change in address even a new job are all changes that cause pain. What I have come to appreciate this term is change itself. It is still uncertain, and it is still cumbersome but it is also exciting.

Moving forward into my internship and then into the working world I will take the lessons about change with me.

I will also take my CP style book, dictionary and caps and spelling.

I have learned a great deal in the past ten months, met some great new friends and have started to move beyond a fear of change into, at least an acceptance of its inevitability.

Farewell Humber PR. Its been a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment